1. Welcome to the the Veracross Family Portal. This portal is one place to view student information, update your family profile, and stay up-to-date with GCDS. Upon first signing in, you will be brought to your personalized homepage.
2. In this example, the user has one Unread message. All school and division-wide emails sent from GCDS will be sent to your email on file and also be stored in your GCDS Family Portal for safekeeping. You can click this or the "My Messages" link.
3. The homepage also shows your family Calendar, which is a curated collection of school events which pertain to your household. The homepage will show the next few days at a glance, and you can press the "Calendars" button above to see more.
4. The My Children section on the homepage allows you to view information about your children, such as their attendance and report cards. This section will become available to you upon the start of school.
5. One of the first things you should do upon receiving access to the portal is to Update Family Profile. Click the link on the homepage under the "My Household" section to verify and update the information we have on file for your family.
6. On the Household Profile page, you can view and update information based on their category. Click a category to open it.
7. If you need to edit information listed, you can press the blue Edit button. Some information may require school approval before getting updated.
8. The School Policies page is where you will find your child's Back to School packet when it becomes available. You will be notified via email when it is ready to view.
9. The Directory Preferences button allows you to update your visibility settings for school-wide family directories.
10. You can decide which information you would like to make visible. By default, your address and phone number is visible. You can decide to hide certain information, or completely withhold your family from the directory by clicking the toggle switch.
11. Let's go back to the homepage. You can go back home by pressing the Family Portal link on the top of the screen.
12. To update your child's health information, click the Magnus Health button to be automatically signed into your child's Magnus Health account.
13. Click Email Preferences to update your communication preferences. By default, you are subscribed to all school communications, so no action is required on your part.
14. Let's look at the navigation bar at the top of the screen. Click Directories to view family and staff directories.
15. Click Calendars to view school-wide calendars, such as the Athletic, Community, and Key Dates calendars. Your Family calendar is a curated collection of events relevant your child's grade levels.
16. You can subscribe to these calendars and bring them into your own personal calendar software (like Google or Outlook) by clicking Subscribe.
17. Follow the instructions listed to subscribe to your family's household calendar as well as any school calendars that you wish to view.
18. The My Family button is another way to update your family's information.
19. Click Resources and Forms to access school resources such as the family handbook.
20. Click Social Media to follow GCDS on social media!
21. Click Parents Association to view information from the GCDS Parents Association.
22. Click Lunch to see what's for lunch!
23. And that's the GCDS Veracross Family Portal. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the various features within the portal will be released throughout the school year.